2nd Step In Making Money With A Website
Now that you have picked out your Niche you are ready for the second step: Picking A Domain Name. If you haven’t picked out a Niche click on STEP 1 to read a guide on picking out a niche.
Picking a domain name is critical to ensuring success and if done wrong can lead to failure. Done right it can bring years of success.
How To Pick A Domain Name
Picking A Domain Name Tips
Most people think that picking out a domain is simple, it is, if you know how to do it. Most people don’t know how to pick a domain name the right way.
That’s why I am including some ‘picking a domain name’ tips to help you select a winning domain name.
Step 1: Brainstorm Name Ideas
This step is the first for a big reason: It’s the fun and exciting part! It is also #1 because it should never be overlooked or ignored when you are thinking of a domain name. Let’s break this step down even further into tasks. This way your brainstorming session will go faster and yield better results then you thought possible.
- Task 1: Write down your niche.
- Write down anything that has to do with your niche. An example would be “Pool is slang for billiards.” or “8 Ball is a common variation of Pool.” Now it’s your turn: write down 10 things about you niche before going on to Task 2.
- Task 2: Use writing tools to help you.
- Use writing tools such as dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias.
- Phonetic equivalent words. ex. Easy (ez, eazi, eeezee)
- Foreign Translations of words. ex. Abogado (Attorney)
- Single & Plural: Stone (Stones)
- Task 3: Write down as many ideas as possible, the more the better.
Step 2: Review Your Ideas From Brainstorming
After you have completed the 3 tasks from Step 1, now it’s time to review them all. You should have between 50-100 ideas for a name from the last step.
If you don’t have that many go back and have fun thinking of more names. The next question is how to narrow them down?
Again let’s break down that process into tasks.
- Task 1: Take each idea and ask yourself the following questions:
- “Does it grab my attention?”
- “Does it grab a viewers attention?”
- “Will they remember it?”
- “Is there a desire to buy based on the name?”
- Task 2: Only select ideas that have Niche Keywords in them.
- This is so important. if you don’t have keywords in the title you won’t get traffic.
- Task 3: Avoid ideas that are either confusing or the general public doesn’t know about.
- Avoid terms that very little people know about in your niche, pick broad terms.
- Task 4: Narrow down your ideas to just 10.
- Using tasks 1-3 narrow down your ideas to just 10 or less.
Step 3: Pick Your #1 Idea & Use It To Find Available Domain Names
Now comes the best part. All you have to do is use this FREE tool to enter your website idea and find available domain names that include that idea. Just enter your idea and follow the directions & in minutes you will have a domain name and you will be ready for the next step.
Do You Use More Steps?
Do you use more steps when picking out a domain name? If you do please tell me below in the comments. I would like to hear what others tips you use to find successful domain names.
Take Action Now
Build Your Website Today
Now it’s your turn. I want you to take action and use that free tool above to help you begin your journey to online success. Take action by simply following the tasks above and in no time you will have a domain name that will start you on your road to online success.
Done With Step 2!
I hope you have had fun using SiteRubix to find a domain name because coming up is Step 3! You have done more then most people will ever do, so consider yourself already #winning.
Ready For Step 3
Now that you have your niche, and domain name it’s time to go onto Step 3. In the next step we are going to talk about getting web hosting for free.
You don’t want to miss out on this step, click ‘Get Web Hosting The WA Way‘ to begin Step 3.
If you need further help check out this article on picking out a great domain name at Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate is community of over 900,000 people dedicated to helping people succeed online.
Read my FULL REVIEW of Wealthy Affiliate and afterwards sign up for free and become part of the best online community.
Leave A Comment
If you have any questions on how to take action and pick a domain name the right way leave them below. I will be glad to help you through the process.
Earning, Making & Saving Online Member